A3R Business Savvy
- Enhanced scenario and forecasting skills.
- Greater understanding of change management.
- Increased awareness of dynamic business decisions
- Higher levels of ownership and leadership
- Demonstrated commitment and business plan integrating key learnings into action
- 6 full day learning sessions
- 5 hours individual coaching per participant
- Behavioral Assessment with 30 page detail report
- Leadership Assessment 360 Tool
- Between session homework with built in accountabilities ( books and articles included)
- On-line resource for posting homework and maintaining dialogue with facilitator and peers
- Capstone project. Each participant is required to demonstrate how they have created value with the new learning and create a tool or resources that continues to put principles into action.
Course Required Reading:
- Building a Bridge as You Walk Over
- Breakthrough Companies
- The Ultimate Question
- The Six Thinking Hats
- Getting the Right Things Done
- Three HBR Articles supporting themes
- Audio Recording: Leadership vs. Stewardship by Block
- Now Discover Your Strengths
- Coaching Skills Inventory
- Leveraging Strengths
- Discussion about perception vs. reality
- Course context & key objectives outlined
- Leadership Skill Assessment
- Adaptive Confidence / Grounded Vision
- Video on Focus and Personal Vision
- Holistic picture of vitality and mental fitness
- Designing a personal long view
- Leveraging skills to support the vision
- Personal capacity planning – time/focus management
- Class focus presented in project plan & key deliverables
- Leadership Focus: modeling the way
- Reflective Action / Authentic Engagement
- Getting the right things done- A3
- Discussion on how do your daily activities support cell/section A3 and company A3—how to make those connections more explicit
- What is the best use of your time?
- Fostering compliance vs. commitment
- Leadership Focus: enabling others to act
- Appreciative Inquiry & Manager Multiple Perspectives
- Six Thinking Hats-Curiosity vs. Self Righteousness
- Discussion on what makes “buy-in” so difficult?
- How to accelerate “passing the ball” and deference
- Leadership Focus: inspiring a shared vision
- Responsible Freedom/Tough Love
- Personal accountability and leading teams that feel a sense of pride in
- Holding people accountable
- Leadership Focus: challenging the process
The last session is an integration of all the learning that has occurred.
Task: Create a product that integrates lean leadership & lean thinking that adds value to the organization
Audience: The first audience will be the classmates in Series 1 Lean Leadership.
Some of you will be asked to present your product to the entire company at a company meeting.
Purpose: The objective is that you will transform this experience into a means to educate and lead the entire company.
You and a partner will develop a product that enhances the performance of your cell.
You will have 1 hour to give a presentation that covers:
- Most significant key learnings in this course
- Concept of product
- Application of product with any key performance indicators
Product may be:
- A resource developed to support collaboration & communication among workers
- A tool that drives efficiency and productivity
- A framework or method that supports lean implementation
- A training concept or device that expedites the lean learning curve
Your Product must be SMART: specific, measurable, action-oriented, include results, time-delimited.